- For the equip ability, see Equip
Weapons are special cards Cards are the basic pieces that make up the game of Hearthstone. Each card represents an action that the player can take by playing that card. There are three main types of cards: spell cards, which can be equipped by heroes A hero is a character in the Warcraft universe representing the player. In Hearthstone, this concept is expressed in three interrelated but distinct ways: Heroes are gameplay characters representing players or bosses within a match. . Each weapon has an Attack This page describes the act of attacking. For the Attack attribute, see Attribute. Attacking or combat is what occurs when a player commands one character to attack another, causing them to simultaneously deal damage to value and a Durability Sen jin Shieldmasta, a simple minion card. It has 3 Attack, 5 Health and a mana cost of 4. Attributes are key values which define a character or weapon s power, cost and survivability. Attributes of some value. Each hero can only equip one weapon at a time, and equipping a new weapon will destroy Destroying a minion or weapon removes it from play. Only minions currently on the battlefield and weapons that are currently equipped can be destroyed. Discarding a card removes it directly from the player s hand and the old one. Equipped weapons are displayed to the left of the hero`s portrait.
While a weapon is equipped, the hero`s Attack will be increased by an amount equal to the weapon`s Attack during their turn, and attacking while a weapon is equipped will reduce its Durability by 1. When a weapon`s Durability is reduced to zero, the weapon is destroyed. Weapons are the main way of allowing heroes to attack other characters.
Weapons can be equipped in several ways. The main source of weapons is from playing weapon cards, the least common of the three card types. Some spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the and minion Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion Battlecries Battlecry is an ability where a particular effect activates when the card with the Battlecry is played directly from the hand. Although mostly limited to minions, some weapons also have Battlecries. Activation of Battlecries are and Deathrattles A Loot Hoarder displaying the Deathrattle icon Deathrattle is an ability where the stated effect occurs when the minion or weapon is destroyed. Cards with Deathrattle appear with a skull and crossbones when in play. grant players weapons through the ` equip For the act of equipping a weapon, see Weapon Equip is an ability which generates a weapon and equips the hero with it. Equip effects are the weapon equivalent of summon effects; while similar to ` ability, as does the rogue Hero Power Anduin Wrynn with the basic priest Hero Power Lesser Heal A Hero Power is a special ability displayed to the right of each hero s portrait. Usually Hero Powers can be used once per turn and Dagger Mastery Dagger Mastery Type: Hero Power Class: Rogue Cost: 2 Abilities: Equip Tags: Weapon-generating Hero Power Equip a 1/2 Dagger.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Dagger Mastery is the rogue s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 . As well as equipping weapons, some cards offer weapon synergy, improving or drawing strength from them, or even destroying the enemy`s. Pirate Pirates are a type of minion. The majority of Pirate cards fit a weapon theme and are most useful in decks that featureSpecial attraction a lot of weapons. Pirates are associated with the rogue and warrior cards have a strong weapon theme.
Strategically, weapons are useful for removing Removal is the term used to refer to the elimination of minions from the battlefield. Hard removal describes cards and effects that can neutralize minions regardless of most defenses, such as high Health or Divine enemy minions, as well as dealing damage to the enemy hero. They can be used as tools for board control Board control is an unofficial term usually referring to a player s ability to keep the opponent from building up minions on the battlefield, or "board". Control decks are named after this strategy, aiming to control , or as additional burst Burst damage or burst potential refers to a player s ability to deal a large amount of damage in one or two turns, allowing a player to finish off a previously damaged opponent, or deal an damage for reaching lethal Lethal is a term used in Hearthstone to refer to damage sufficient to defeat the enemy hero, and win the game. "Having lethal" is used as a measure of imminent and unavoidable success, similar to .
- For information on attacking in general, see Attack This page describes the act of attacking. For the Attack attribute, see Attribute. Attacking or combat is what occurs when a player commands one character to attack another, causing them to simultaneously deal damage to
- Weapons are only active or `unsheathed` during the possessing hero`s turn Hearthstone takes place in turns. Each turn gives a player the opportunity to act. At the end of each turn, play is passed back to the other player. A round describes one turn for each . At the end of the possessing hero`s turn the weapon is `sheathed`, and covered visually to indicate that it is no longer active. To see the Attack value of a sheathed weapon, mouse over the weapon with the cursor.
- While a weapon is active, it grants its Attack This page describes the act of attacking. For the Attack attribute, see Attribute. Attacking or combat is what occurs when a player commands one character to attack another, causing them to simultaneously deal damage to value to the possessing hero, and the hero is considered to be wielding the weapon. This Attack bonus is lost when the weapon becomes inactive at the end of the possessing hero`s turn.
- If a hero with an active weapon attacks another character, the weapon will lose 1 Durability. Be that as it may, if a hero with an active weapon is attacked by another character, their weapon will not lose Durability. The latter case generally only occurs through special effects, such as Misdirection Misdirection Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Hunter Rarity: Rare Cost: 2 Abilities: Secret Tags: Combat-related, Triggered effect Secret: When a character attacks your hero, instead he attacks another random character.Sometimes it s as simple as putting . Inactive weapons are not involved in combat, and will not lose Durability through any kind of combat.
- Weapons can be destroyed through running out of Durability; being replaced by another weapon; or specific destroy Destroying a minion or weapon removes it from play. Only minions currently on the battlefield and weapons that are currently equipped can be destroyed. Discarding a card removes it directly from the player s hand and effects like those of Acidic Swamp Ooze Acidic Swamp Ooze Set: Basic Type: Minion Cost: 2 Attack: 3 Health: 2 Abilities: Battlecry, Destroy Tags: Weapon-related Battlecry: Destroy your opponent s weapon.Oozes love Flamenco. Don t ask.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Acidic Swamp and Harrison Jones Harrison Jones Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 5 Attack: 5 Health: 4 Abilities: Battlecry, Destroy, Draw cards Tags: Durability-related, Weapon-related Battlecry: Destroy your opponent s weapon and draw cards equal to its Durability.“That belongs . Regardless of the means, the effect is the same, and any Deathrattles A Loot Hoarder displaying the Deathrattle icon Deathrattle is an ability where the stated effect occurs when the minion or weapon is destroyed. Cards with Deathrattle appear with a skull and crossbones when in play. on the weapon will be triggered.
- As of now, there are no ways to silence weapons or otherwise nullify weapon card text without destroying the weapon outright.
- Weapons serve to increase the hero`s Attack, but this can be increased further through effects such as Shapeshift Shapeshift Type: Hero Power Class: Druid Cost: 2 Abilities: Gain Armor Hero Power +1 Attack this turn. +1 Armor.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Shapeshift is the druid s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 Notes and Heroic Strike Heroic Strike Set: Basic Type: Spell Class: Warrior Cost: 2 Give your hero +4 Attack this turn.Really, if you re a hero, this is every strike.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Heroic Strike is a . The damage dealt by the hero`s attacks is equal to their total Attack value, not just the Attack of any weapon equipped.
- Weapons are the only enduring source of hero Attack; all other sources (e.g. Shapeshift, Seal of Light Seal of Light Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Spell Class: Paladin Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Restore Health Restore 4 Health to your hero and gain +2 Attack this turn.The walrus of Light restores EIGHT ) are lost at the end of the turn. While weapon Attack is `sheathed` at the end of the player`s turn, it is automatically regained next turn.
- Since all weapon cards have a dark gray background, the class a weapon belongs to is indicated by the color of the frame surrounding the card text. On golden Golden cards often add movement and visual effects, like with this golden Piloted Shredder "Golden" redirects here. For information on golden heroes, see Golden heroes. Golden cards are special, rarer versions of cards. Each card weapon cards class is indicated by the color of the vertical band running down the centre of the card.
- Hearthstone - Best of Legendary Weapons (Hearthstone - Best of Legendar)
- Hearthstone Theory: An Analysis of Weapons (Follow me on Twitter: https://)
Rogues Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 4.1 Unique mechanics 5 Strategy 5.1 Countering a rogue 6 Spells 6.1 Uncollectible 7 Minions 7.1 Uncollectible 8 Weapons 8.1 Uncollectible 9 Leveling rewards 9.1 , paladins The Paladin is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Uther Lightbringer and Lady Liadrin. Heroes edit | edit source] Uther Lightbringer is the standard hero for paladins. Players who and warriors The Warrior is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Garrosh Hellscream and Magni Bronzebeard. Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 5 Strategy and gameplay 6 have the largest range of weapons and are generally considered to have the greatest weapon-synergy, while hunters The Hunter is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Rexxar and Alleria Windrunner. Contents 1 Heroes 2 Background 3 Hero Power 4 Strategy and gameplay 5 Counters 5.1 Secrets and shamans The Shaman is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Thrall and Morgl the Oracle. Contents 1 Heroes 2 Background 3 Hero Power 4 Strategy and gameplay 4.1 Counters 5 have limited weapon choices. Druids The Druid is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Malfurion Stormrage Heroes edit | edit source] Contents 1 Heroes 2 Background 3 Hero Power 4 Unique mechanics 5 Strategy , mages Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 5 Strategy and gameplay 5.1 Common deck types 5.2 Counters 6 Spells 6.1 Uncollectible 7 Minions 7.1 Uncollectible 8 Leveling rewards 8.1 Starting cards 8.2 , priests The Priest is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Anduin Wrynn and Tyrande Whisperwind. Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 4.1 Replacement Hero Powers 5 and warlocks The Warlock is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Gul dan. Heroes edit | edit source] Contents 1 Heroes 2 Background 3 Hero Power 3.1 Replacement Hero Powers 4 Strategy do not normally use weapons, although warlocks can obtain Blood Fury Blood Fury Set: Classic Type: Weapon Class: Warlock Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 3 Durability: 8 See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Blood Fury is an uncollectible weapon generated by the legendary warlock minion through Lord Jaraxxus Lord Jaraxxus Set: Classic Type: Minion Subtype: Demon Class: Warlock Rarity: Legendary Cost: 9 Attack: 3 Health: 15 Abilities: Battlecry, Equip, Replace Hero Power Tags: Hero Power-related, Weapon-generating Battlecry: Destroy your hero and replace it .
All heroes can equip weapons, and even weaponless classes can obtain them through certain neutral cards, or mechanics that allow them access to other classes` cards, such as Renounce Darkness, Spellslinger, Drakonid Operative or Golden Monkey. Currently only two neutral cards directly provide weapons: Blingtron 3000 and Medivh, the Guardian. Players can also use use copy or mind control effects to benefit from weapon-granting abilities on the opponent`s cards, such as Malkorok`s Battlecry, or Tirion Fordring`s Deathrattle.
Despite not having any weapons of their own, priests The Priest is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Anduin Wrynn and Tyrande Whisperwind. Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 4.1 Replacement Hero Powers 5 have substantial access to opponents` weapons through copy effects such as Mind Vision and Thoughtsteal. With access to powerful additional mind control effects such as Mind Control and Cabal Shadow Priest, the priest is a substantially weapon-capable class when playing against a suitable opponent.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Fiery War Axe Fiery War Axe Set: Basic Type: Weapon Class: Warrior Cost: 2 Attack: 3 Durability: 2 During times of tranquility and harmony, this weapon was called by its less popular name, Chilly Peace Axe.See this card||Free||Warrior||2||3||2||During times of tranquility and harmony, this weapon was called by its less popular name, Chilly Peace Axe.|
|Light`s Justice||Free||Paladin||1||1||4||Prince Malchezaar was a collector of rare weapons. He`d animate them and have them dance for him.|
|Arcanite Reaper||Common||Warrior||5||5||2||No… actually you should fear the Reaper.|
|Assassin`s Blade||Common||Rogue||5||3||4||Guaranteed to have been owned by a real assassin. Certificate of authenticity included.|
|Fool`s Bane||Common||Warrior||5||3||4||Unlimited attacks each turn. Can`t attack heroes.A fool and his bane are soon parted.|
|Spirit Claws||Common||Shaman||2||1||3||Has +2 Attack while you have Spell Damage.They`ll be MUCH easier to use once they add the spirit thumb.|
|Stormforged Axe||Common||Shaman||2||2||3||Overload: (1)Yo, that`s a nice axe.|
|Truesilver Champion||Common||Paladin||4||4||2||Whenever your hero attacks, restore 2 Health to it.It Slices, it Dices. You can cut a tin can with it. (But you wouldn`t want to.)|
|Eaglehorn Bow||Rare||Hunter||3||3||2||Whenever a friendly Secret is revealed, gain +1 Durability.First Lesson: Put the pointy end in the other guy.|
|Jade Claws||Rare||Shaman||2||2||2||Battlecry: Summon a Jade Golem. Overload: (1)"Best manicure ever!" - Aya Blackpaw|
|Molten Blade||Rare||Warrior||1||1||1||Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a new weapon.It’s a sword! It’s a knife! It’s a swizzle-stick!|
|Obsidian Shard||Rare||Rogue||4||3||3||Costs (1) less for each card you`ve played from another class.You know you’re a Rogue when a sharp rock makes you go “Ooh! Dagger!”|
|Perdition`s Blade||Rare||Rogue||3||2||2||Battlecry: Deal 1 damage. Combo: Deal 2 instead.Perdition`s Blade is Ragnaros`s back-up weapon while Sulfuras is in the shop.|
|Rallying Blade||Rare||Paladin||3||3||2||Battlecry: Give +1/+1 to your minions with Divine Shield.As far as blades go, this one is pretty great in the motivation department.|
|Vinecleaver||Rare||Paladin||7||4||3||After your hero attacks, summon two 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits.George and Karl! Thank the Light we found you!|
|Brass Knuckles||Epic||Warrior||4||2||3||After your hero attacks, give a random minion in your hand +1/+1.For the goon that wants to make a fashion statement.|
|Doomhammer||Epic||Shaman||5||2||8||Windfury, Overload: (2)Orgrim Doomhammer gave this legendary weapon to Thrall. His name is a total coincidence.|
|Gladiator`s Longbow||Epic||Hunter||7||5||2||Your hero is Immune while attacking.The longbow allows shots to be fired from farther away and is useful for firing on particularly odorous targets.|
|Gorehowl||Epic||Warrior||7||7||1||Attacking a minion costs 1 Attack instead of 1 Durability.Grommash Hellscream`s famous axe. Somehow this ended up in Prince Malchezaar`s possession. Quite the mystery!|
|Hammer of Twilight||Epic||Shaman||5||4||2||Deathrattle: Summon a 4/2 Elemental.Stop! It`s Twlight Hammer time.|
|Piranha Launcher||Epic||Hunter||5||2||4||Whenever your hero attacks, summon a 1/1 Piranha.A great improvement over the guppy launcher.|
|Sword of Justice||Epic||Paladin||3||1||5||After you summon a minion, give it +1/+1 and this loses 1 Durability.I dub you Sir Loin of Beef!|
|Tentacles for Arms||Epic||Warrior||5||2||2||Deathrattle: Return this to your hand.That`s right. Garrosh just slapped you to death with a tentacle.|
|Showing all 23 cards|
Uncollectible weapons cannot be collected by players or directly placed into decks. Be that as it may, they can be obtained during play through the effects of other cards.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Atiesh||None||Any||3||1||3||After you cast a spell,|
summon a random
minion of that Cost.
Lose 1 Durability.
|Blood Fury Blood Fury Set: Classic Type: Weapon Class: Warlock Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 3 Durability: 8 See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Blood Fury is an uncollectible weapon generated by the legendary warlock minion||Common||Warlock||3||3||8|
|Sulfuras||Legendary||Warrior||3||4||2||Battlecry: Your Hero Power becomes `Deal 8 damage to a random enemy.`|
|Showing all 9 cards|
Cards that generate weapons
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Dagger Mastery Dagger Mastery Type: Hero Power Class: Rogue Cost: 2 Abilities: Equip Tags: Weapon-generating Hero Power Equip a 1/2 Dagger.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Dagger Mastery is the rogue s basic Hero Power. Contents 1||None||Hero Power||Rogue||2|| Hero Power Anduin Wrynn with the basic priest Hero Power Lesser Heal A Hero Power is a special ability displayed to the right of each hero s portrait. Usually Hero Powers can be used once per turn and |
Equip a 1/2 Dagger.
|Arathi Weaponsmith||Common||Minion||Warrior||4||3||3||Battlecry: Equip a 2/2 weapon.50% off fist weapons, limited time only!|
|Deadly Fork||Common||Minion||Rogue||3||3||2||Deathrattle: Add a 3/2 weapon to your hand.For a proper setting, place the deadly fork after the salad fork, but before the dinner fork.|
|N`Zoth`s First Mate||Common||Minion||Pirate||Warrior||1||1||1||Battlecry: Equip a 1/3 Rusty Hook.Hates when N`Zoth yells "Ahoy Matey!!", but there`s not really much he can do about it.|
|Upgrade!||Rare||Spell||Warrior||1||If you have a weapon, give it +1/+1. Otherwise equip a 1/3 weapon.Easily worth 50 DKP.|
|Lord Jaraxxus Lord Jaraxxus Set: Classic Type: Minion Subtype: Demon Class: Warlock Rarity: Legendary Cost: 9 Attack: 3 Health: 15 Abilities: Battlecry, Equip, Replace Hero Power Tags: Hero Power-related, Weapon-generating Battlecry: Destroy your hero and replace it||Legendary||Minion||Demon||Warlock||9||3||15||Battlecry: Destroy your hero and replace it with Lord Jaraxxus."TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!!!!"|
|Malkorok||Legendary||Minion||Warrior||7||6||5||Battlecry: Equip a random weapon.Garrosh`s best buddy. It`s true. Look it up.|
|Medivh, the Guardian||Legendary||Minion||Any||8||7||7||Battlecry:Equip Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.If you think the party`s great now, just wait `til he invites the orcs over!|
|Tirion Fordring||Legendary||Minion||Paladin||8||6||6||Divine Shield. Taunt. Deathrattle: Equip a 5/3 Ashbringer.If you haven`t heard the Tirion Fordring theme song, it`s because it doesn`t exist.|
|Showing all 9 cards|
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Deadly Poison||Free||Spell||Rogue||1||Give your weapon +2 Attack.Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that.|
|Acidic Swamp Ooze Acidic Swamp Ooze Set: Basic Type: Minion Cost: 2 Attack: 3 Health: 2 Abilities: Battlecry, Destroy Tags: Weapon-related Battlecry: Destroy your opponent s weapon.Oozes love Flamenco. Don t ask.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Acidic Swamp||Common||Minion||Any||2||3||2||Battlecry: Destroy your opponent`s weapon.Oozes love Flamenco. Don`t ask.|
|Bloodsail Raider||Common||Minion||Pirate||Any||2||2||3||Battlecry: Gain Attack equal to the Attack of your weapon."I only plunder on days that end in `y`."|
|Dread Corsair||Common||Minion||Pirate||Any||4||3||3||Taunt. Costs (1) less per Attack of your weapon."Yarrrr" is a pirate word that means "Greetings, milord."|
|Naga Corsair||Common||Minion||Pirate||Any||4||5||4||Battlecry: Give your weapon +1 Attack.Hook-tails are nice and all but she keeps getting stuck on things.|
|Southsea Deckhand||Common||Minion||Pirate||Any||1||2||1||Has Charge while you have a weapon equipped.Pirates are into this new fad called "Planking".|